WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 11







Left Homeport Marina before dawn. This was LuLu’s restaurant at the marina that has been home to us for many days.





After many weeks in Mississippi and Alabama, today we entered Florida.







It was good to be traveling again. It was cloudy and
windy all day. I think we maybe saw 2 other boats all day. It wasn’t a pleasant ride as there were some 4-foot waves coming across our beam as we crossed Pensacola Bay. Just before entering Pensacola Bay I noticed a dolphin swimming along side of us. I couldn’t get a good photo but you can kind of make it out in the photo. I will have to learn how to take a video with my camera and see if I can put it on the blog in the event I have the opportunity again.





We saw quite a few kite boarders on Pensacola Bay. You know that crazy Ross. He had to try it too. So here he is kite boarding.


















Just kidding. But it does kind of look like him. This guy saw that I was trying to photograph him so came over and went by us. The guys in by shore were going airborne maybe 10 feet and doing tricks. I couldn’t get pictures, unfortunately as they were too far away.









The sand along the ICW looks almost like snow it is so white.




Our destination was Bluewater Bay Marina at Niceville, Florida. Nancy and Steve Bachand are retired military dentists who went to dental school with Ross and now live here. They picked us up at the marina and brought us to their home for a delicious dinner. Ross and I were feeling a bit wobbly. We’ve been on the boat so long that we’ve lost our “land legs.” It was nice to get off the boat for a bit and we very much appreciated their hospitality.

No comments:

Post a Comment