FRIDAY JULY 29TH, 2011


Ross changed oil on both engines and the generator this morning while I caught up on the blog. With those projects out of the way, we decided to take the rental car and go check out nearby Harbor Springs and Petoskey.

Our first stop, since we hadn’t eaten lunch yet, was the Polish Kitchen in Harbor Springs. I had read about it on the website Trip Advisor. It was most definitely authentic Polish food. I base that on my observation that everyone working there spoke Polish. Not that I know what Polish sounds like, but I know they weren’t speaking Chinese. Located in a little strip mall, the menu was written on a large chalkboard. No clue what most of it was. This was going to be fun! We ordered a combination platter and shared it. Many different tastes. The only thing we recognized was the stuffed cabbage roll and the kielbasa. We were glad we stopped here.

The town of Harbor Springs seems to be an upscale tourist town. Pretty beach area.





And a dog park.






Stopped at a roadside cherry stand on our way to Petoskey. According to the kid working the stand, cherry season is almost over. It generally runs from around the 4th of July to the first of August.  I’ve never been a big cherry fan, but I could eat these till I got a tummy ache.









Since being in Michigan we have seen many beautiful polished Petoskey stones. At one time warm seas covered this area. The Petoskey stones are the fossilized remains of coral reefs that glacial action deposited in this specific area. So 350 million years and a rock polisher later, they’re dangling from my ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment