SUNDAY JUNE 20TH

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a short jaunt of 26 miles today to Oriental, North Carolina. There was a small grocery store about a mile away, so we hopped on the bikes and sweated all the way there. It was worth it when we found they had fresh fruits and vegetables.

With that task out of the way, we decided to spend the remainder of the day at the pool.


1. Cool down in the pool
2. Go to the Tiki Bar
3. Read book
4. Nap
5. Repeat.

The folks at the pool were all friendly and everyone was chatting with one another. Ross said the pool had “good chi”. Most were boaters staying in the marina. We met a boy we enjoyed very much named Dillon. Wish I would have taken his photo. Scrawny kid with red hair, freckles and the whitest skin ever. I asked if he had sunscreen on and he told me “plenty”. He was quite a character and full of facts. We ended up visiting with his parents too. They were both school teachers from Ohio on a quest to buy a sailboat.

This Gecko was hanging around my pool chair. Dillon informed me Geckos like salami and if I put some on my hand, it would probably crawl right on it. Unfortunately, I hadn’t brought any salami with me to the pool.

Most Dads could just be content with a tie for Fathers Day. But not Ross. Nooooooo. His request was for me to learn to tie a bowline. I think it had something to do with the knot I used to tie the step stool to the boat. (In my own defense, he knew my knot tying (dis)abilty when he assigned that task.) Okay fine! I’ll learn, but don’t give me any of that rabbit around the tree, down the hole, boy scout stuff.

Ate Fathers Day dinner at the Toucan restaurant a few steps away from the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment