MONDAY AUGUST 29TH, 2011


Our friends left for Minnesota early in the day. It has been so much fun spending the past few days together!

Ross and I are no longer under such a tight time frame since crossing to the Wisconsin side of Lake Michigan, so we decided to stay in Fish Creek an additional day.

We spent a quiet day catching up on boat chores. I did laundry, Ross changed fuel filters, we both took a couple of naps. There’s nothing like a good old lazy day once in while.

Ross checked his email and had a note from one of our followers. (you know who you are!!) He pointed out that I had been slacking on my blogging duties. Well hey; in my defense I’ve been having way too much fun with my friends to be doing my homework.

We had been told that the Whitefish chowder at the Cookery restaurant was not be missed, so we walked up town and had a bowl for lunch. They were right.

















On the walk back to the marina we stopped at the market and bought a package of Nueske’s apple wood smoked bacon. Deone had left us with some homegrown tomatoes. Our first of the season. This means BLT’s for supper!!!




Just before arriving back at the marina we noticed this HUGE green caterpillar trucking through the grass as fast as it could go. Any of you who know Ross know how long his fingers are. So this gives you an idea of the size of this guy. It is a type of Sphinx caterpillar. Those are a type of moth you sometimes see about dusk and may think is a hummingbird.

No comments:

Post a Comment